Inability to send responses to Daily Kos political petitions

Julie Blade (unverified)

21 Feb, 2020 09:34 PM

Today is the second time I have experienced my problem. I am trying to send a formal Daily Kos political petition and I am unable to send it. I frequently respond to your "formal petitions" and have never had a problem until this week. I don't recall the name of the previous request, but the one I received today is entitled, "Sign and send the petition to your U.S. Representative: Pass the NO BAN Act with no poison pill amendments." When I click on the "Sign and Send the Petition," which is new verbiage, I come to a page that now asks me for my personal contact information (a new type of request), which I provided, and then it asks me to "Start Writing." When I try to click that button, it greys out and I am unable to proceed with sending my response.

I'm beginning to think there is a gremlin lurking within your system.

1. 1 Posted by Al Soprano (unv... on 21 Feb, 2020 09:55 PM

I'm getting the same bug the Julie is experiencing. Your system may have been hacked?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 22 Feb, 2020 12:07 AM

Hello, and thank you both for asking.

It is quite possible that we have a bug related to the petition somewhere. Would you each please supply the operating system and browser you're using when this happens, so we can take a look at it?

Also, have you by chance tried this process while you're using a private or incognito window? My first guess is that there is some sort of extension on your browsers (could be the same, could be different) that is blocking the process. Likely culprits would be privacy blockers of some sort. Running a private/incognito window tends to disable extensions, which can help with diagnostics.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting, and thanks for your support of the site's mission.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac