Samsung ad that sticks to the top of the screen.

elemenoPea

11 Feb, 2020 07:22 PM

I know you have to have ads. I’ve gotten used to closing the banner and the video that show up at the bottom of every page, but this new Samsung ad is too much. You scroll past and it sticks to the top, blocking a third of you screen for a few seconds until you manually close it. Then it shows up again a few pages down. It’s so far beyond the usual expected advertising. I read here every day but if this is the new normal, I won’t be able to stay. Please do something about this one.

1. 1 Posted by tarhealian on 11 Feb, 2020 07:55 PM

Agree totally with comment thus far

2. 2 Posted by gkucserka on 11 Feb, 2020 09:09 PM

I too agree with comments thus far and have to add that it takes 45 seconds for the “x” to show up. If I go thru 10 entries each time I open daily kos, I’m spending almost 7 minutes just to get rid of that darn ad. After just joining daily kos, I found a link on the home page where I could eliminate ads if I gave a donation. This feels a bit manipulative. How about I’ll make a donation when you publicly state that you will no longer accept ads that function in this manner?

3. 3 Posted by tarhealian on 11 Feb, 2020 09:14 PM

I just donated. What I could afford for the month.
    Thank you, had I known about $100.00 lifetime membership could have just
    put more with the donation.
    How do I become lifetime member?
    A bit electronically challenged lol

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Feb, 2020 01:22 AM

Hello and thanks for the alert!

It really helps us, with these rogue ads, to know whether you're viewing them on desktop or on mobile. It is also helpful to have a screenshot of the ad as it appears on the page if that's at all possible for you.

Thanks for your help with tracking this one down. I'll check back shortly for any updates.

As for the lifetime subs: No, they're not available at this point. I don't know whether they will reappear.

5. 5 Posted by tarhealian on 12 Feb, 2020 01:24 AM

Android phone

6. 6 Posted by elemenoPea on 12 Feb, 2020 02:05 AM

iPhone XR using safari. I tried to upload a screenshot but kept getting an error message. I’ll try again though. Thank you!

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Feb, 2020 03:20 AM

Thanks for the updates. Trying to get more reports of it, and to catch it myself. Getting rogue ads out can be tricky.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac