Viewing Daily KOS on Android phone

Greg Barker (unverified)

08 Feb, 2020 11:29 PM

I read Daily KOS on my phone every morning. Up until a couple of days ago this was easy: I would see a list of articles with a little picture next to each. I could click on an article and the article would come up in a type size that was reasonably big enough for a 56-year-old like me. What happened? Now when I go to DailyKOS .com I get what I assume is the full computer-browser view with teeny tiny fonts and what appear to be full articles one after another. Yes, I've discovered that if I click on one of the articles then wait for some indeterminate amount of time a little window at the bottom asks if I want it in "Simplified View" and if I click that I finally get to read the article the way I'm used to, in a reasonable font side. But if I click the "back" button on my phone I'm back to the same ridiculously tiny font and computer-friendly displays.

If this change was intentional, PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK! I find myself getting sick of all the fighting with the display format and just giving up. If it's something that I somehow inadvertently changed, can you give me some suggestions on how to get back to the phone-friendly format? You're my favorite news source but not if I have to fight with th web site every morning.

Keep up the good fight.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 10 Feb, 2020 10:33 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

My first diagnosis is that somehow you have the cookie on your phone that tells our server to provide the full site (www.dailykos.com) instead of the mobile site (m.dailykos.com). The easiest and most durable remedy is to clear your cookies for the site. Then, it's true, you'll have to login again--if you have a site user account to begin with. But the default site provided to Android users is the m. version, so clearing your cookies should resolve the issue going forward.

If it does not, please feel free to return.

Thanks for your support of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 10 Feb, 2020 10:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac