Cannot post comments

paz3

06 Feb, 2020 07:28 PM

Today I find that I cannot post any 'replies' in any comment threads. Nothing happens when I click on a 'Reply' button. Only change I've made lately (a week ago) is to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I'm using the Firefox browser. I checked all of my security programs while here at the site, nothing unusual.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 06 Feb, 2020 08:45 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Sorry you're encountering this problem.

The first thing we ask people to do by way of troubleshooting is for you to try the process in a private window. If the reply box opens properly in that mode, then likely an extension or add-on is interfering with the site somehow.

And it's possible that something related to your upgrade carried a new version that is a problem now when it was not evident in the past.

Please let us know what you find out from doing that test. We'll watch for your reply.

2. 2 Posted by paz3 on 07 Feb, 2020 02:42 AM

Thanks for the reply.
    I used a private window in Foxfire, and was able to ' Reply ' to comments. So that's a partial answer to the 'test' you requested. The reason I say 'partial' is because I had posted 9 comments after the Windows 10 upgrade, but prior to this issue arising yesterday.

Tom F.

On Thursday, February 6, 2020, 12:45:09 PM PST, Daily Kos Staff <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv3679223295 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv3679223295 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 Feb, 2020 06:17 PM

Thanks for the update. It's interesting that you have had success while in private mode.

The next thing to check out then is whether you changed a setting on your browser, or added any extension, in the interim. (It's remarkably easy to lose track of making such changes, I will note.)

It's worth going through your browser's extension list and double-checking whether they cause interference. It's purely a process of trial-and-error, turning each one off and on while you try to use the site. Keep in mind also that some extensions allow you to "whitelist" certain sites as being permissible, and if so then you may want to add Daily Kos.

Lastly, the most recent versions of Firefox have much stricter security settings now, by default. You may want to investigate your options and change the settings to be more permissive for our site at least.

4. paz3 closed this discussion on 20 Feb, 2020 05:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac