Comments

Tamar

04 Feb, 2020 09:29 PM

Since I didn't see anything recent in the "Lazy Comments" topic, thought I'd just put this under problems.
Two problems I've been running into:
1) This is a perennial problem which I've complained about before and which you all have addressed before -- the inability to scroll through images when I want to put an image in my comment. It was a big problem a couple of months ago, then seemed okay for a while (maybe the site returned to old system for a while?), and now it's happening again. I have to re-upload images from my computer in order to use them since I can't get to them within the image library. I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem when dropping an image in at the top of a new diary, only with comments.
2) The next is an intermittent problem. While in a comment thread, sometimes if I click on the screen name that shows up in the box of replies to my comments, nothing happens. This has happened a number of times. I can certainly live with it but thought you might want to know. I did make it work today by shifting to another tab (my email), then clicking back on DKos.
I'm on a iMac using Chrome -- updated OS and Chrome versions.
Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Mar, 2020 10:29 PM

Thanks for raising these issues. Apologies for the lack of a reply till now. We are currently combing through all remaining Helpdesk tickets to identify these last straggling issues with Lazy Comments we still need to address.

I think there may be a workaround, at least a partial one, relative to accessing the Image Library. I'll circle back around and let you know when I come across it; I am not recalling it immediately.

As for the links within the autorefresh box with notification of replies, that's an interesting wrinkle. I'll keep my eyes open for other references to it. Are you seeing it with the other notification box, the one with the links to the authors of new comments (not replies to yours)?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Mar, 2020 04:32 PM

All right, I have more information for you and also a couple of questions.

Could you please provide the version numbers for your Chrome and OS? Are you using Chrome v. 80, that is, and Mojave? Or Catalina?

From the poking around I've been doing, it seems that I have been able to elicit the scroll bar by clicking repeatedly with the down arrow key--in the general area where the bar should show up. That's just to the left of the gray sidebar where image info is edited. That need for persistence is not ideal; the bar should show up regardless. But it may help in the meantime.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac