New Hyperactive Touchpad computer. Throwing Flags at Random. Not sure I'm Catching Them All.

Gaelsdottir

30 Jan, 2020 02:44 AM

Hello Helpdesk. I'm making this public intentionally.

Had to replace my trusty old laptop because its Pentium II jazz was too old to handle Windows 10.

New laptop is a wonder, but hyperactive. I have the sensitivity turned down, all gestures except the one-finger ones turned off, no not that one finger one; sweeps and taps is what I mean. Still, because I am an Aspie spazz, I've had problems with the touchpad tripping flags when I have no intention of flagging anything. Every time, so far, I've been able to fix it when the warning screen pops up, except today., when the screen popped up and instantly vanished, and I have no idea what it did.

Apparently I am going to have to either use the touchscreen, or learn to navigate the cursor entirely outside of the page in order to move to different areas without tripping landmines.

This is a problem entirely on my end. I am working to solve it ergonomically since the tech fix doesn't go far enough. Am posting it because if any of these random flags get past me, they will make absolutely no sense, and I don't want anyone thinking they are intentional. I am doing my best to make sure none of them get past me. But I am very much a spazz, so it is a work in progress as I retrain myself to navigate safely.

Thank you and apologies.

Gaelsdottir

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 30 Jan, 2020 02:23 PM

Thank you for the heads-up Gaelsdottir. Good luck getting your hardware to do what you want it to do.

2. Gaelsdottir closed this discussion on 22 Mar, 2020 05:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac