Reading/posting comments

gchaucer2

21 Jan, 2020 02:33 PM

I seem to be locked out of the comment section only in Mark Sumner's diary on Mitch McConnell's rules for impeachment. Would like some assistance. Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by Longprawn on 21 Jan, 2020 03:01 PM

having the same problem

2. 2 Posted by LIcenter on 21 Jan, 2020 03:43 PM

I am having the same problem also, which has happened to me in the past. Just to note, it is only Mark Sumners diaries where I have this problem. TIA

3. 3 Posted by gchaucer2 on 21 Jan, 2020 04:10 PM

Yes, just Mark's diaries -- including his latest. Is anyone going to answer us?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 21 Jan, 2020 07:59 PM

Hello. Sorry for the lag in replying. The holiday weekend generated quite a few new tickets in our inbox here.

It's apparently a glitch of recent origin, and apparently it is affecting only users who are still relying on the old comment system.

Is that so for all of you replying on this thread here at Help Desk?

It would also be useful to have some specific links to stories where the comments are not loading for you, particularly since it seems that some posts are behaving properly while others are not. We have to be able to see/replicate the issue here to initiate the process for a fix. Knowing the browser/operating system you're on will also help.

Lastly, for now: Clearing your browser's cache can sometimes do wonders, especially if the cause at base is something to do with a conflict in saved site data. Also, opening a problematic story in a private/incognito window can often be diagnostic, because that mode generally disables all extensions and add-ons, many of which do not play well with our site code.

Thanks for the additional troubleshooting help and information.

5. 5 Posted by gchaucer2 on 22 Jan, 2020 12:23 AM

Thanks for the reply. My problem started today in all of Mark's diaries (only). As soon as I figure out how to clear my cache I will do so. I'm on the old comments because of all the problems I had with the new system. That doesn't explain why only Mark's diaries are affected though.

6. 6 Posted by Eyesbright on 22 Jan, 2020 12:47 AM

gchaucer2,
    Here's a Wiki How article that should help. Note at the top of the article you choose which browser you're using so that you get the appropriate article. Hope this helps!

How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
    https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

7. 7 Posted by gchaucer2 on 22 Jan, 2020 01:00 AM

OMG!!!  How thoughtful.  Thank you so much.  I'll be following your link when I finish listening to the Senate kangaroo court.  You are always so positive and helpful.

On Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 7:47:59 PM EST, Eyesbright <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv1127557721 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv1127557721 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

8. 8 Posted by Eyesbright on 22 Jan, 2020 03:23 AM

Hey, gchaucer2, you just made my day! Big hugs to you!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac