facebook share not linked

john allen (unverified)

29 Nov, 2019 05:50 PM

i have tried to share articles to FB - the twitter button works but the FB one hasnt worked for awhile in firefox and explorer - are you ware of an issue?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/11/28/1902342/-Dick-s-crossed-the-NRA-and-they-hit-back-hard-Now-Dick-s-has-to-deal-with-best-sales-ever

1. 1 Posted by larry (unverifi... on 30 Nov, 2019 03:50 PM

I use Chrome and lately the same has been happening to me when I try to share an article on FB..

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 05 Dec, 2019 12:23 AM

Hello, and thanks to you both for asking. Apologies for the delay in replying to you.

The problem you have is almost certainly related to something you have installed on your computers. Some browsers and browser extensions designed to protect users' internet privacy do so by blocking requests to 3rd party tracking services. We see it most commonly when people have difficulty sharing stories to Facebook. Firefox recently made this their default, for example, but more and more it is the norm. "Disconnect" is one example of this kind of browser add-on or plug-in, but there is a whole class of them.

If this is the case for your browser, it may be possible for you to disable this extension for Daily Kos if you choose. In any case, you may still share posts via copy&paste to your own timeline, though that's not as convenient as using the share button.

We appreciate your support of the site.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 05 Dec, 2019 12:23 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac