Some kind of advertising problem in sidebars.

aoeu

28 Nov, 2019 03:46 PM

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/11/28/1902396/-What-is-This-S...

I do not see this myself.

Edit to add this from the diary.:

When I go to look at the recent stories, suddenly my whole sidebar is covered with an ad. How am I supposed to read the stories if I can’t click on the titles because they are covered with an ad?

1. 1 Posted by stratocruiser (... on 28 Nov, 2019 04:07 PM

From the advertiser's perspective, this is not a good plan. The very first thing an ad needs to do is not piss me off. If I take note at all of who the ad is for, it is not in a favorable context.

2. 2 Posted by AKALib on 30 Nov, 2019 01:16 PM

Some more info on this floating advertisement issue -
    With Chrome, Windows 10, if one is on the front page, scrolled down a bit and does a page refresh, an ad appears on the right, blocking the list of diaries. If one scrolls up and down, the ad remains in place. If one scrolls all the way to the top and then scrolls down, the ad disappears.
    Does not happen on a fresh visit to the main page.
    Does not happen in an incognito screen.
    Does not happen in IE.

AKALib

P.S. Kossacks - this is not an advertiser caused problem. DK creates spaces for advertisements to appear on each page; somehow the browser is misinterpreting some instruction and keeps this space floating on the page.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by elfling on 02 Dec, 2019 07:59 PM

Thanks for the report. We have a developer looking at it and working on a fix.

4. 4 Posted by strawbale on 02 Dec, 2019 11:32 PM

also happening in Firefox on a Macbook Pro. Extremely annoying.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 02 Dec, 2019 11:54 PM

Thanks for the additional information, strawbale. We're hoping for a fix soon.

6. 6 Posted by Disgusted02 on 03 Dec, 2019 12:06 AM

I thought it was me and my pc. Thanks for bringing it up I was truly aggravated by it.

7. 7 Posted by MizC on 04 Dec, 2019 10:11 PM

It's now two days later and I am still having the problem. This means that something like 80% of the site's current content is unavailable to me.I wonder how many people have just given up on Daily Kos. I'm going to try another browser, but that is not a solution.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 04 Dec, 2019 11:59 PM

I'm sorry that it's not already fixed. It's moving through the process, and it is a priority--but all our tickets jockey for position. It may well be that you can find another browser without the problem in the meantime.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac