The text message phone number must be incorrect!

DickMorris

24 Nov, 2019 02:28 AM

When I dialed the text message phone number for my wanting to tell my Democratic representative that I wanted to thank them for being involved in trying to get Pres. Trump impeached!; I heard a recording that stated that that number (1-855-329-5629) was incorrect!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 25 Nov, 2019 05:25 PM

Hello, and thanks for reporting your difficulty. Thanks first and foremost for making the effort to thank Rep. Takano (who is a great Member of Congress, for sure).

I asked my colleagues who run this system to explain, and they offer two possible reasons for your difficulty.

One is that the phone number you used may simply have become obsolete, if there was a delay between the time you received the text and when you called that number. The numbers we use get rotated frequently to different projects, and that might have been the case for you.

The other is that there may have been some sort of mismatch between your phone number and the (lack of) information we have about your physical, mailing address. In that case, it might be impossible for the system to complete the call as expected. If there is a possibility that the address we have for you is not accurate, you can email [email blocked] and they can do a manual override of whatever is currently on file.

I hope this helps. Thanks again.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 25 Nov, 2019 05:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac