Error Using Adding Tags

linkage

15 Nov, 2019 01:57 PM

Yesterday I started receiving this error when adding tags.

----> We cannot recognize who you are! Please <a href="/users/signup"sign up</a> or <a href="/users/sign_in"log in</log in</a> to continue. If you were in the middle of something, it may be wise to copy and paste your text into an offline text editor so you do not lose any work.

Tried logging out then logging back in to my account. Same error message. I tried different computer system. Same error message. See screen shot attached. First computer Windows 7 using Firefox. Second computer using windows 10 using Firefox.

1. 1 Posted by jamess on 15 Nov, 2019 02:44 PM

Starting yesterday 11/14/19, when I tried to Add Tags to a just published post, I was blocked from doing so. The problem persists today, even after rebooting. It seems like a bug. Unless the intention is that Tags can only be added, while Editing a post.

Here is the pop-up dialog message:

www.dailykos.com says

You do not have permissions to modify these story tags.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 15 Nov, 2019 08:22 PM

Hmmm. Thanks for the alert, both of you. We'll investigate.
    You both had this experience when trying to edit tags on a story you wrote, correct?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 15 Nov, 2019 08:43 PM

Looks like it's also the case that TUs can't edit other people's tags either. Definitely a bug to squash quickly.

4. 4 Posted by AKALib on 15 Nov, 2019 08:47 PM

Some more info - adding tags using the "Edit Tags" button does not work and gives the permissions error msgs in a new window. Also, a new empty diary gets created! You can see it in the drafts diary list.
    Editing tags while editing the diary works fine.

Chrome, Windows 10.

AKALib

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 15 Nov, 2019 09:02 PM

Oh, goodness. That's quite something. Thanks for adding that significant detail.

6. 6 Posted by linkage on 15 Nov, 2019 11:02 PM

I am an admin for a number of groups. When a diary of interest to my group is posted by another user I tag it with the name of the group in addition to republishing it to the group. Often I republish then add the tag. So this happened on a diary I did not write.

7. 7 Posted by linkage on 15 Nov, 2019 11:06 PM

I had not checked my drafts. Yes, there are “untitled story” in my drafts. One for each attempt to add tags.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 15 Nov, 2019 11:39 PM

Aren't computers amazing? Hard to tell what way software will find to cause trouble next.

Thanks for adding this information. Yes, it seems to be the entire Edit Tags feature. It's been ticketed and we'll hope for a resolution soon.

9. 9 Posted by aoeu on 15 Nov, 2019 11:59 PM

Bingo. It just happened to me. Something about not being able to verify me or something like that.

I was not able to either add or remove a tag from a live diary.

I'm glad it isn't just me.

aoeu

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 16 Nov, 2019 12:05 AM

Yep. Not just you. Thanks for weighing in.

I'll leave the ticket here open in case other folks happen upon it. Feel free to remove yourselves from notification of new comments if you like; I can add you back when we have fixed it.

11. 11 Posted by aoeu on 16 Nov, 2019 12:10 AM

I was trying to add the Spam tag to this bowser.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/11/15/1899783/-Situs-Poker-De...

Logging out and logging back in did not help. I was able to alter a tag as Librarian.

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 16 Nov, 2019 12:16 AM

OK, thanks for the heads-up about the post. We know that we'll be compromised a bit, collectively, not having the ability to add Spam tags when needed, so if you have the time, please open a ticket here with SPAM as part of the subject line when you see a post that should be so marked.
    I have some confidence this will be addressed soon.

13. 13 Posted by davidschor on 16 Nov, 2019 01:48 AM

Looks like the same bug here. Popup warning when trying to edit tags. Weird.

14. 14 Posted by mettle fatigue on 16 Nov, 2019 04:45 AM

Me too. " We cannot recognize who you are! Please <a href="/users/signup">sign up</a> or <a href="/users/sign_in">log in</a> to continue. If you were in the middle of something, it may be wise to copy and paste your text into an offline text editor so you do not lose any work. " `I was trying to add appropriate tags to a diary by Dan Bacher https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/11/15/1899493/-Hundreds-pack-hearing-to-protest-Trump-administration-WSPA-proposal-to-dredge-San-Francisco-Bay Hundreds pack hearing to protest Trump administration proposal to dredge San Francisco Bay --- in case that much specificity helps. Thanks for working on this.

15. Support Staff 15 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 18 Nov, 2019 09:20 PM

Hi everyone.

We just deployed a fix. Looks good from our end--but if you see anything amiss yourselves please let us know.

Thanks again for the quick alert.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• kos_error_1.JPG 25.2 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac