Content scrambled or missing in diary comment section.

April Fennell (unverified)

10 Nov, 2019 12:18 PM

When reading through the comments on some of the pages, many of them aren't complete or are missing some of their contents. It also seems like they are bleeding through to other comments or replies. I have seen this on more than one occasion and diary page.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 Nov, 2019 07:03 PM

Hello, and thanks for reporting this problem. I'm sorry you're experiencing difficulty in reading the site.

We need a little more information from you to be able to offer appropriate advice, though I will also provide you the two key steps we recommend users take when they are having trouble with story load.

First, it's a good idea to clear your cache and cookies for the site, especially if you are viewing it on a mobile device. Our site uses a lot of data, and if your own repository of it has become outdated sometimes a forced clear/reset is necessary.

Second, it can help for diagnosis to run the site on a private or incognito window. In that mode, most (though not all) extensions are disabled; this permits you to see whether some sort of extension is interfering with site loading. If the private/incognito site loads well, then you've identified the type of problem you have, and then you can go through a process of elimination to determine which one(s) might be the culprit. Ad blockers are among the types of extensions likely to cause difficulties, but there are others.

If neither one of these steps makes a difference, then we'd need you to tell us what combination of operating system and browser you use (Mac or PC; OS or Win version; and the browser). We also would like very much to have some examples of URLs you have used where the pages do not behave well. All of this can help us replicate the problem, which is a necessary step in finding a diagnosis and a remedy.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting, and thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

2. 2 Posted by April Fennell (... on 12 Nov, 2019 08:40 PM

Hi, thanks for responding to my request. I took your advice and cleared my
    cache and cookies, and also tried accessing the website in private mode,
    but the problem persists. My device is an Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8 5th
    generation using Fire OS 5.3.6.4 (626533320), and the Amazon Silk browser,
    which is what comes preloaded. I haven't enabled any ad blockers, and I
    have not had issues with any other URLs. I'm not very tech savvy so I hope
    you will be able to give me some guidance about how to fix this. I visit
    the Daily Kos site frequently and value the content and responses by the
    community, and would miss it greatly. I can read the diaries and articles
    with no problem, but it's the response section that is at issue. Thanks
    again for your help.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 16 Nov, 2019 12:14 AM

Hi again.
    Sorry I didn't circle back earlier. Yesterday we deployed a bug fix that may have addressed the problem that you have, too. If it did NOT, then please return and supply a few links of stories as examples of the problem--and if at all possible, attaching a screenshot or two would be helpful to us as well.
    Thanks.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac