no content

Richard Faller (unverified)

09 Nov, 2019 08:09 PM

headline of article shows, but there is no content

1. 1 Posted by Jeremy Phillips... on 09 Nov, 2019 08:56 PM

Good afternoon....I am getting the same thing the headline appears but the article has no content. I very much enjoy reading your articles so this is rather frustrating your help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards,

Jeremy

2. 2 Posted by robert white (u... on 10 Nov, 2019 08:53 AM

Hi. Same problem I've been having for past 10 days. Headline appears, no content; can't get any of your news categories, etc. For some reason, I do get the full content on my phone but small screen makes it difficult for me to read. One day it worked as it has for years, next day, no news or content. I'm not doing anything differently.
    I would appreciate any help you can provide. I miss all your news, esp. at such a crucial time.
    best wishes,
    Bob White

3. 3 Posted by Island Inns (un... on 10 Nov, 2019 05:59 PM

Bob...KOS went through an upgrade and in doing so they upset a lot of their users. There are a lot of people with Ipads that are three years old and older that can't get anything but a headline and my main computer has the same problem - what's really annoying is that KOS does not know if they can correct this.

Sent from my iPad

4. 4 Posted by Blue in Nebrask... on 10 Nov, 2019 07:34 PM

Just adding myself to the list of people with older iPads who can't access anything but headlines any more. Hope you can get this resolved. I'll check back in the future, but till then, so long.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 Nov, 2019 04:39 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking for help with this issue.

You are correct, it is a bug limited to a subset of iPad/iPhone users, those with iOS of 9.3.5 or earlier.

We are working to pin down the bug. We will get back to you once we have more information. Meanwhile, sincere apologies for the inconvenience and annoyance you're experiencing in finding the site unavailable through these devices.

6. 6 Posted by Bob White (unve... on 11 Nov, 2019 08:27 PM

Hi folks. Thanks for your helpful message. I also got some messages from other Kos supporters having the same problem.Good luck and thanks for staying in touch.
    best wishes, Bob

7. 7 Posted by Colorado Blue on 11 Nov, 2019 09:52 PM

Thanks for staying in touch. Really miss being able to read the articles! I'm not always near computer so iPad access is important.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 14 Nov, 2019 10:54 PM

Hello! I'm pleased to announce that we HAVE just deployed a fix to the site to restore access for your devices.

Thanks for your patience and forbearance as we searched for what to correct.

If for some reason the site does not load automatically for you, please clear your data for Daily Kos and try again.

We appreciate your support of Daily Kos.

9. 9 Posted by Alexandra Hayne... on 14 Nov, 2019 11:02 PM

It works! Thank you so much!

Alexandra (Blue in Nebraska)

10. 10 Posted by Bob White (unve... on 14 Nov, 2019 11:34 PM

Hi folks. Thanks very much for your diligent work on the problem and solving it! Great to be able to keep up with all the posts especially at such a pivotal time. I’ll be making a donation soon to continue to support your excellent work in keeping all members of the Daily Kos community informed and up to speed on rapidly evolving news and events, especially as the so-called MSM continues to be AWOL in regards to its supposed duties to report the truth and at least a modicum of facts. Good luck and keep up the great work!
    best wishes, Bob White

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 14 Nov, 2019 11:42 PM

You're welcome and it's so kind of you to respond with appreciation. Very grateful for your support in every form you send it, including kind words. Thanks again.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac