Daily Kos daily emails

Peggy Krzyzewski (unverified)

05 Nov, 2019 09:00 PM

In your email there’s a link to each story. This one is:

Kellyanne Conway just rejected democracy

When I click on it, here is what I get:
Kellyanne Conway just rejected democracy

Ian Reifowitz
Community (This content is not subject to review by Daily Kos staff prior to publication.)
Sunday November 03, 2019 · 7:26 AM PST
Recommend 283 Share Tweet221 Comments RSS TAGS
ChrisWallace
Democracy
FoxNews
Impeachment
KellyanneConway
Recommended
trump
HouseofRepresentative
Share this article

——————— I use a desktop Mac OSX 10.9.5 Safari Version 9.1.3 (9537.86.7.8)

Thanks for your help!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 05 Nov, 2019 09:09 PM

Hi, and thanks for supplying this additional information. I've split off your ticket because it may be different from what the users in the original thread are experiencing.

I am inferring that your list of terms shows up as blue hyperlinks on the page; is that the case? If so, then for some reason the site styling is not loading properly.

There are two common causes for a poor site load: an overfull cache and/or outdated cookies, and incompatible add-ons/extensions for your browser(s).

Each problem has a fairly straightforward test/solution. The caching issue, if that's what's causing the interference, is addressed by clearing your cache and cookies for Daily Kos. It's just as well to take the additional step of closing and reopening your browser after you do this clearing; deleting your cookies will automatically log you off.

To see if there is some other interference, try opening the site via a private or incognito window. Doing so disables almost all the add-ons or extensions you may have on your browser, thus if the site loads easily and fully then you have demonstrated with a high degree of confidence that one or more of your extensions is not playing well with our site. That's the easy part; the hard part comes with going through a process of elimination to determine which one(s) to blame. Once you do that, then you can decide whether to retain those extensions or not. Some browsers allow extensions to be disabled for certain sites, but that's something you'll have to investigate.

Extensions typically causing trouble include adblockers, NoScript, and EXIF Quick View, among several others.

This link can explain how to find the list of extensions on some standard browsers: https://www.howtogeek.com/139916/how-to-view-and-disable-installed-...

If neither of these remedies address the problem for you, then please return with more details.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting, and thanks for your support of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 05 Nov, 2019 09:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac