Get head topic lines but cannot get subject material to read

Betsycat

04 Nov, 2019 03:13 PM

Cannot read subject matter as it won't pop up .very discouraging...as I really enjoy reading everything's?

1. 1 Posted by ames (unverifie... on 05 Nov, 2019 03:18 AM

This is happening to me as well

2. 2 Posted by Rich Hil on 05 Nov, 2019 05:35 PM

Have had exactly the same problem, have not been on the daily kos website for a while, and now I cannot enter any of the subject matter only the header comes up with an annoying ad. The ad is virtually impossible to get the x without bringing up the annoying ad. Is this the new trumpian mentality to keep daily kos readers from Reading any of the articles that are not positive for the Pres.

3. 3 Posted by peggy (unverifi... on 05 Nov, 2019 05:38 PM

Yep. Kinda frustrating, as I like kos.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 05 Nov, 2019 08:29 PM

Hello, and thanks for raising these issues. We definitely want people to be able to read our content.

I think what you are reporting, though, could be two entirely different issues. One problem could be ad display, which is potentially discouraging if you can't get to the content. The other could be that your links aren't working well to begin with, which is something related to the email links and how Internet Service Providers (and other intermediaries) handle them.

If you could each offer a bit more description of the problems you're having, that would help. Otherwise we could be supplying irrelevant information.

Also important: Please tell us what device (mobile or desktop), Mac or PC, operating system and browser you're using. All of these factors may come into play in helping you regain access to the site.

Thanks for your support of the site and for your help with troubleshooting.

5. 5 Posted by calluout on 05 Nov, 2019 09:35 PM

Me too iPad ios9.3.5

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 05 Nov, 2019 09:49 PM

Thanks for the update, calluout.

That is another possibility, actually--that your problem with accessing the site is because you are on an iOS device that is running 9.3.5 or older.

At the moment, we're still investigating what went awry late last week with the mobile site on these older iOS devices. Our initial suggestion to everyone is to please try the "view full site" link at the bottom of the screen. Clicking that link will ordinarily set a cookie so that the www.dailykos.com version of the site will load. If that link is not working (something that we have not seen reported here at Helpdesk) then that's another issue to resolve--but if it IS functional then you will have regained access to the site and also set your device to load it automatically.

We'll be watching for updates as we dig deeper into the first problem.

7. 7 Posted by J Nagel (unveri... on 05 Nov, 2019 11:33 PM

Using iPad 9.3.6
    Haven't been able to read any content for 3 days. Only get topic subject line, but no content

8. 8 Posted by Melicent Whinst... on 06 Nov, 2019 06:43 AM

Usually I click on the link and then get the content. This time I get the headline again and blank space. It’s not that the ads are in the way. There are actually fewer ads than usual. This is the first time this has happened since I began getting Daily Kos.

As peggy says, kinda frustrating, as I like kos, and have financially supported it.Oh, well.

9. 9 Posted by bioandy on 06 Nov, 2019 09:07 AM

I have reported this same issue in a separate thread. The "view full site" link does NOT work -- nothing happens. If I try to access he full site via a Safari bookmark, I get the article headers but no content, as many others have reported. clicking on a header brings up a new page, but again without content. Screenshots attached

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 Nov, 2019 08:40 PM

Really helpful to have these screenshots, thanks.

I am making sure that everyone has the latest information, so apologies in advance for duplicate messages.

Daily Kos users trying to view the site on a mobile Apple device with older iOS (9.3.5 or older) have been unable to access the site since 10/30. We will have to keep you posted about the status of a remedy; we are still investigating the problem and possible solutions. Now that you have asked we'll make sure to let you know when we have more information.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience, frustration, and annoyance caused by this site glitch. Thanks for your support of the site.

11. 11 Posted by Mary Hobson (un... on 07 Nov, 2019 11:15 PM

I too cannot get any content...only headers.

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 14 Nov, 2019 11:43 PM

Hello! I'm pleased to announce that we HAVE just deployed a fix to the site to restore access for your devices.

Thanks for your patience and forbearance as we searched for what to correct.

If for some reason the site does not load automatically for you, please clear your data for Daily Kos and try again.

We appreciate your support of Daily Kos.

13. 13 Posted by calluout on 16 Nov, 2019 12:28 PM

It worked!!!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac