Not able to sign Actions & petitions

Chris Worcester (unverified)

01 Nov, 2019 05:13 PM

Hi Daily Kos,
I am not able to sign petitions now, this just started yesterday. I sign a lot of your petitions. When i click on them i am sent to a page;
that says Daily Kos and under it says Campaign Actions, then under that is the grey bar going across the middle of the screen with various links that go into your website, they do work. Sincerely Chris Worcester.....

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 09 Nov, 2019 01:48 AM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Sorry for the delayed reply.

I am not positive from your description that what I suggest will address your problem, but just in case here it is.

Sometimes the link in an email of ours fails to load the petition page completely. If what you see is an empty page (except for header/footer) on the site, instead of a petition to sign, an add-on or extension is almost certainly preventing the petition from loading properly. Try this to troubleshoot: Login to your email in a private or incognito window, which should disable all extensions. Then go to one of our emails and click on a link to a petition. If the petition loads there, then you know that some sort of extension is the source of the problem. Identifying the exact extension is then a matter of trial and error, starting with any ad blockers.

If you have a different issue, then please return with more details.

There is one other major problem now current, affecting people who have an older iOS device (with version 9.3.5 or older). The problem is under investigation and we'll let people know when we have more information.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Daily_Kos_action_site_not_working_10-31-19.docx 39.9 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac