Hitler tag redirecting to "Adolph Hitler"

nomandates

26 Oct, 2019 06:46 PM

I added a "Hitler" tag to my diary, but it's redirecting to a misspelled tag: "Adolph Hitler"

https://www.dailykos.com/news/AdolphHitler

Please fix that tag. Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by Eyesbright on 26 Oct, 2019 07:49 PM

?? "Adolph Hitler" is spelled correctly. I do see that there is no tag for "Hitler" without the first name and that's correct tag protocol (full name).
    You know that I'm not the Help Desk but am simply a long-time user. Lots of us try to help when we can (especially on the weekends when the Help Desk is often not staffed).

2. 2 Posted by nomandates on 26 Oct, 2019 08:02 PM

I've always seen it spelled "Adolf." Here's wikipedia's discussion of the misspelling:
    "in German Adolf is used, Adolph is never used. in English today Adolf is used, even though in the very beginning, before Hitler became Nazi Germany's dictator, the New York Times or whoever spelled it Adolph, but later Adolf." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AAdolf_Hitler/mentioning_the_(m...

3. 3 Posted by Eyesbright on 26 Oct, 2019 08:33 PM

Oooh, good find! I've always been under the impression that "Adolph" is the English/ American spelling but have occasionally seen the "Adolpf" spelling in articles that were influenced by or originated in Europe.
    I'm a fiend about correct spelling but proper names with Anglo/European variations are a whole 'nuther ballgame. Compliments on caring about getting it right. However...
    if I were you, I wouldn't spend any more time on it when there's so much else you could be doing!
    Have a great weekend (what's left of it)!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 01 Nov, 2019 04:11 PM

Thanks, nomandates. We'll make the adjustment ASAP.

5. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 01 Nov, 2019 04:11 PM.

6. Daily Kos Staff re-opened this discussion on 12 Nov, 2019 06:04 PM

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Nov, 2019 06:04 PM

Thanks again for the alert. Turns out there's a bug associated with this process at the moment, so we're tracking it down for squashing now.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac