Am not able to comment

Wednesday Bizzare

14 Oct, 2019 03:33 PM

It seems that in about half of the diaries that I'm loading, I'm currently unable to comment or reply. I am able to rec and flag in all diaries.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 15 Oct, 2019 06:41 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking for help. Sorry that you're running into difficulty.

The first steps in troubleshooting may also resolve your issue. When the site doesn't behave well for users, sometimes the problem arises from having an overfull cache. It's a good idea to clear your browser's cache on a regular basis, especially if you're a frequent user of the site. We push out a lot of information to browsers and that data can get stale and then slow down performance.

For another common problem, that of a conflicting add-on or extension, it's also helpful to look at the site in private mode. That will disable most all extensions, many of which don't play well with the site. Since your problem appears to be intermittent, though, I am inclined to think this extension conflict is less likely.

Please see if these strategies help. If the problem persists regardless, please feel free to return and let us know some examples of stories where you have problems participating (by supplying their URLs).

Thanks for your support of the site.

2. Wednesday Bizzare closed this discussion on 20 Oct, 2019 04:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac