I'm no longer able to share a Daily Kos story to Facebook from my firefox browser

Londontown

07 Oct, 2019 06:48 PM

Any suggestions?

1. 1 Posted by Eyesbright on 07 Oct, 2019 10:10 PM

Disclaimer: I'm not the Help Desk, just a long-time user. Lots of us try to help when we can. That said ...
    If you're trying to use the Share button on DK, I can tell you that it hasn't worked for months. Several people have asked about it over that time and I have the impression that it's either not going to be fixed or is so low on the priority list that it's almost nonexistent.

Here's the thing:
    I share Daily Kos articles fairly often, most often on Facebook, and it's easy to do. While you're actually in the article (where you'd be able to post comments, etc.), simply copy the address of the article from the address bar at the top left of the page (it will begin with https).
    Then go to Facebook (or the body of an e-mail, etc.) and paste in that address (also called the link or the URL). With Facebook, after you're pasted that in and hit Enter, you'll also see a preview of the article (that's usually the lead-in graphic and the first sentence or two). That draws people in to read it.
    Once you've done that copy-and-paste a time or two, you'll never even hesitate about using it to share an article and you'll never again be dependent on a Share button.
    Try it - you'll like it!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac