Is anyone else not able to see comments on ANY post? It just says "Loading Comments".

anotherbarb

26 Sep, 2019 10:34 AM

Has said loading comments for three days now. The only "Discussion" I could find is about out-of-date posts. I'm computer illiterate so maybe it's me, but this help desk seems to only help with log in problems. I'm logged in. I can read articles but no comments. Someone please help or their is no point to staying on Daily Kos.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Sep, 2019 03:06 PM

Hello, anotherbarb.

Sorry that you're having problems loading the comments. I have two suggestions for you to try. Then if neither one helps, you're welcome to return for more support. Most of the time, one or the other of these will do the trick. It doesn't matter much which order you do these in.

First, please open the site in a private or incognito window in your browser. When you do that, it will disable almost all of the add-ons or extensions you have on your browser, some of which may be interfering with our comment loading. If the comments do load OK for a private/incognito window, then you'll have to figure out which extension is the culprit. Often, it's adblockers, but there are other possibilities.

Second, in a regular window, clear your cache and cookies for the site. This will log you out, but it also resets the information from our site that you have stored on your browser back to zero. If you're on the site often you can wind up with some outdated data that can gum up the works.

Thanks for asking. If these don't help you, please return and let us know what browser and operating system you're using along with an example of (a link to) a page that does not load comments for you. We'll take it to the next step with that information.

We appreciate your support of the mission of the site.

2. 2 Posted by anotherbarb on 26 Sep, 2019 03:59 PM

Okay I did both recommended remedies. Still not loading comments. I will contact my provider, since they are new to me and other things have been slow. I will respond more when that is done.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Sep, 2019 07:53 PM

Thank you for checking and for investigating with your provider. We'll watch for additional updates. Feel free to reopen this ticket when you have more to tell us.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2019 07:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac