ads appear though I am a subscriber

RiveroftheWest

19 Sep, 2019 07:15 PM

I am suddenly getting ads on this site even though I am a paid subscriber. Maybe I clicked a link inadvertently? I can't find a link to turn them off. Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by dandy lion on 19 Sep, 2019 11:28 PM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: ads appear though I am a subscriber

Me too, and I tried to re-up and it's not possible.

2. 2 Posted by skohayes on 20 Sep, 2019 10:38 PM

Have you checked your settings under "Edit profile"? There's a dropdown box under "Display preferences" for "SHOW ADS?" that can be "Yes" or "No"

3. 3 Posted by dandy lion on 21 Sep, 2019 02:33 AM

Not finding this Show Ads drop down….

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Moderator1 on 21 Sep, 2019 06:08 PM

Hi

We're having a technical issue with the Subscription process, which is why your subscription isn't renewing. I've added you to a list of folks we'll notify when the issue has been resolved.

5. 5 Posted by RiveroftheWest on 21 Sep, 2019 06:34 PM

I have a lifetime subscription, so can't renew, and I cannot find the "drop-down" menu either. Thank you for letting me know the status of the problem.

6. 6 Posted by Eyesbright on 21 Sep, 2019 08:05 PM

Regarding a "drop-down" menu setting for displaying ads:
    Just out of sheer curiosity, I checked my profile settings to see if I would find a "drop down" menu item for displaying ads. Nope. It doesn't exist. The funny thing about it is I vaguely remember seeing such a thing a long time ago. It stuck in my mind because I wondered at the time who in the world would *want* to see ads...

7. 7 Posted by siab on 22 Sep, 2019 06:48 AM

The drop-down is the list of links that is to the right of your avatar at the top right of the DK5 pages. If you subscribe, the last item on the list lets you toggle ads on/off.

I don't know why anyone would, either, but that's where it is.

8. 8 Posted by RiveroftheWest on 22 Sep, 2019 04:24 PM

Thank you siab and all who helped. Not sure how I found it(!) but it did appear, I clicked it and the ads disappeared. Thank you all.

9. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 22 Sep, 2019 04:39 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac