Big Kudos for fixing the Daily Kos mail system!

Eyesbright

18 Sep, 2019 01:28 AM

I've procrastinated on writing this but - I just sent a message using the DK mail system and it went through the first time with no problems! That system has now been dependable for several months and I realized today that I hardly even hold my breath anymore when I hit "send!" Reflecting on how nice it is to have something work so well that was problematic for so long, I realized that it's time for:

BIG KUDOS FOR WHOEVER FIXED THIS LONG STANDING PROBLEM!!!! Consider yourself high-fived and hugged!!

1. 1 Posted by Nova Land on 18 Sep, 2019 03:35 AM

Hope it's all right if I use this thread as an opportunity to give big kudos for another much appreciated fix: the ordering of results which turn up when one uses the SEARCH function on Daily Kos.

It used to be that when one did a search of something the result ordering was somewhat random. For instance, if one did a search of who had commented in the past week, and then clicked to sort by mojo, lowest to highest, then one got a randomly assorted list of everyone who had commented recently who was now on TO, followed by a randomly assorted list of everyone who had commented recently who was now on NR, followed by a randomly assorted list of everyone who had commented recently who was now banned, followed by a randomly assorted list of everyone who had commented recently who had zero bars of mojo, etc. And if the list of the people in a category didn't all fit on a single page, when one clicked to see the next page the continuation was from a different random ordering which included usernames of some people who had appeared on the previous page and omitted the usernames of people who had not yet appeared.

A few weeks ago I noticed that is no longer the case. Now the search turns up a list which is not randomly ordered. If one clicks to see the next page one gets a list which continues from the page before. (And if one clicks to return to the page one just viewed, one sees the list in the same order it was previously -- something which did not occur prior to the fix.)

Many thanks for fixing this! Consider yourselves purred at appreciatively by my young tuxedo kitty.

2. 2 Posted by Eyesbright on 18 Sep, 2019 08:24 PM

3. Eyesbright closed this discussion on 19 Sep, 2019 10:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac