Can't comment, can't reply to comments

skohayes

17 Sep, 2019 11:10 PM

I apologize for starting another thread, but the disruptions and confusion by the people in the other thread were just a bit aggravating.
Anyway, since this morning, I have not been able to comment or reply to comments. Nothing happens when I click inside the comment box, and the normal text editing bar is gone. I attached a picture of what it looks like.
I have cleared my cache, logged out and logged back in again (I changed my password a few weeks ago when we had the change) and restarted my computer. I can still recommend and flag comments and recommend diaries.
I am using Chrome, on a Windows 7 OS, on a Dell laptop.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 17 Sep, 2019 11:18 PM

Thanks for starting afresh. Sorry you are having difficulties.

The other diagnostic step to take is to see what happens when you use an Incognito window. This step disables most all add-ons/extensions that might be causing some interference. Could you please try that and report back?

Appreciate your help with troubleshooting.

2. 2 Posted by skohayes on 18 Sep, 2019 11:48 AM

You must have been reading my mind. I tried that and logged in from an incognito window and it works! So should I just drop add-ons until I find the one that is giving me problems?
    Have you had any issues with Grammarly? That was the last one I added. I'm going to try to turn it off and see what happens.
    Thanks for the help!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 18 Sep, 2019 03:45 PM

GMTA apparently. Thanks for the good news/bad news update. Glad you're back in, but sorry you have the task of figuring out which add-on is causing you trouble.

I don't recall hearing problems with Grammarly but that doesn't mean they're not the culprit. Perhaps you can be the diagnostician here. ;) The usual category of offenders is ad blockers.

Some add-ons permit disabling for certain sites. Once you find out what it is, then perhaps that will be an option for you.

Thanks again.

4. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 19 Sep, 2019 10:35 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac