Facebook share button does not work

William Kurtze (unverified)

15 Sep, 2019 08:17 PM

Facebook share button does not work

1. 1 Posted by Eyesbright on 15 Sep, 2019 09:12 PM

I'm not the Help Desk, just a long-time user. Since the Help Desk is usually not staffed on the weekends, I thought I'd save you having to wait for help because I've seen your issue come up before. I gather that the FB share button hasn't worked for a while. In fact, I got the impression that it was not coming back.

Here's the thing: I share articles on Facebook fairly often and it's really easy to copy and paste the link to whatever article you want to share. Link = Address.
    Look near the top of the screen, on the left side, and you'll see the address of the article (it should begin with https://).
    Use your mouse to copy that (all of it).
    Then go to Facebook and paste it in wherever you want it. After you've done that and pressed Enter, FB automatically displays the lead in to the article (usually a photo and the title, etc.).
    Try it! You'll like it! You'll get used to doing that and never be dependent on a "share button" again!
    Holler if you need help!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac