Text messages

Jane Huey

10 Sep, 2019 08:28 PM

I have unsubscribed from your website but still receive frequent text messages from you. How do I stop these annoying messages?

Btw, the reason I left your site after so long is because of your biased coverage of Bernie Sanders which has undermined my trust in your coverage of perhaps the most important election in our lives. The hostility and negativity, or the refusal to cover Sanders at all was dismaying. How can we trust a news source that refuses to honestly cover an important front runner in the presidential election? The answer is we can't.

Sincerely,
Jane Huey

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Moderator1 on 10 Sep, 2019 10:30 PM

Thanks for contacting us about text messages. We do not want to send texts to anyone who does not want to receive them. Our phone lists consist of numbers that people have supplied to us; giving us that contact information as part of signing a petition is optional.

It’s fortunately very easy for you to take action to put an end to the text messages. Reply STOP to the message, and that will get your number off of our list. Please be aware, however, that there may be a lag of some hours, even a day, for that removal to be completed.

That process works for the large majority of people. But some people can't text STOP at all, and there are a few other special conditions that make the STOP reply ineffective. If you can't reply STOP, or if your STOP reply is not taking effect after giving it one full day, please contact [email blocked] to ask for a manual block. You will need to include your phone number within that message.

We appreciate your support of the mission of the site.

2. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 10 Sep, 2019 10:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac