Security Alert - Malicious Malware on the DailyKos website

Lynn (unverified)

04 Sep, 2019 04:00 AM

My company's malware detection program is blocking your pages (just starting today) and giving an error message saying that pages on your site are infected with malware. Looks like your DailyKos website has been hacked somehow. (I'm on Windows 7) Please investigate and fix the issue!

1. 1 Posted by Lynn R (unverif... on 08 Sep, 2019 08:25 PM

The malware checking software is not complaining about Daily Kos links currently.

My company uses the 'Proofpoint, Inc.' malware-checking software (proofpoint.com, who claim their malware detection software is used by over half of Fortune 100 companies). If it detects there is known malware on a link I click on, it puts up an error page telling you there is malware. A Daily Kos administrator seems to be asking me to ignore the error and try to follow the link anyway (ignoring the Proofpoint error screen), but I think I would be foolhardy if I did that. If there were truly malware on the linked page, my PC would likely get infected with a virus.

I suggest the Daily Kos cyber security expert should speak to the Proofpoint company and perhaps they could tell you more about the malware they detected on your site since I assume they log the errors.

2. 2 Posted by ken crane (unve... on 09 Sep, 2019 07:30 AM

am having same trouble!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac