cannot access my long standing daily kos news,

john fleming (unverified)

15 Aug, 2019 07:59 PM

due to something or someone saying Access deigned due to security threat. Saying site has security that is not acceptable.

Wait, last night and now this happened, BUT I just tried it again and I can get into each heading-story ok. What the fruit?!

Well, problem over for now. At least you know what is happening/happened in my area of Nebo NC.

Something fishy happened and I would like to know what occurred, if anyone is able to tell me?
Best to you all, john fleming

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 15 Aug, 2019 11:41 PM

Hello, John Fleming, and thanks for your comment here at Help Desk.

We are not surprised to hear of your difficulty, but it is not something to be unduly concerned about. There is some problem involving how the various parts of our emails connected to Sendgrid get treated by people's individual internet service providers, and we're working now on a more permanent fix for the issue. Yes, it is intermittent but always annoying whenever it happens. We don't like it either, for obvious reasons, and we'll fix it as soon as we can.

In the meantime, there is a workaround (though it's not as convenient, for sure).

If the links within your emails are displaying properly, in most cases what you'll see are the story titles (and it's usually quite obvious what are links to other kinds of content). So if you go directly to dailykos.com with a keyword or phrase from a headline, you'll be able to find it pretty easily. The Search window is toward the top right corner of the front page and any story page. Put the keyword or phrase in the Search window, click the spyglass icon, and you'll see a list of titles containing it. If what you searched on is distinctive enough, you'll have only a few options returned, maybe even the only one you want.

Thanks for your interest in keeping up-to-date through us about the latest political developments and the activism we sorely need to protect our country.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 15 Aug, 2019 11:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac