Comments

Sisterskeeper

12 Aug, 2019 04:27 PM

It has now been months since I am unable to click and see who has rec’d comments. I have said before, it is an important part of interacting within this site that is being ignored. Why have this function at all if it is unusable. I joined as a paying member this year and crazily it has been my worst years experience yet. If this web site cannot fix the problems, can I get a refund? My family works in web design, it just shouldn’t be that had to fix these issues. What is being done? And when? Three questions as would like answered. Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by Sisterskeeper on 23 Sep, 2019 09:13 PM

Still waiting for this issue to be fixed. Does anyone even monitor this site any longer?
    What happened to Dkos help desk staff? I feel like I have done as I was asked, and now just feel completely ignored . I will not be renewing my paying membership after this experience, however, as a paying member I am thoroughly disgusted with customer service.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 23 Sep, 2019 10:50 PM

Hello, Sisterskeeper.

I recall posting a number of replies to thank people for raising this particular issue with the new comment design, and to explain how to work around the issue for the time being. It is entirely possible that we collectively wound up not replying to one of your individual queries, however, and if so I apologize.

We do have a fix in the works to enable people to review the list of recommenders. It proved to be a much more difficult matter than we originally expected, relative to users who are on touch-screen devices. The code change has come along slowly but comprehensively, and we'll be able to deploy the new design fairly soon.

In the meantime, it continues to be possible to return to the old style of comments, where the display of recommenders is managed differently. It's easier to get the list of recommenders to show up on the old-style comments but it's not perfectly reliable there either. To return to the old-style comments there are two different options. Go to this link if you want the entire site to display all comments in the old manner: https://www.dailykos.com/comments_beta/false Going to that specific URL will set a cookie so that the old comment display will be loaded by default for every story. But if you'd simply like to change the setting for an individual story, then this string of text must be appended to the end of a story's URL: ?new_comments=false With this one, it's a story-by-story setting. Take care also to delete any other text string that begins with ? before adding this one. This toggle also will not work for single-comment pages, only for full story pages.

Again, my apologies for the annoyance and frustration prompted by not getting a quick or a comprehensive response from Help Desk much earlier than this.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 23 Sep, 2019 10:50 PM.

4. Sisterskeeper re-opened this discussion on 04 Oct, 2019 06:16 PM

5. 3 Posted by Sisterskeeper on 04 Oct, 2019 06:16 PM

Thank you for finally replying it matters. So now, I can no longer rec anyone else’s comments. This has been happening for two days now. I can rec the diary but not individual comments. Arghhh.

6. 4 Posted by Nikki4me on 06 Oct, 2019 02:04 PM

I am unable to recommend articles. Clicking on the "recommend" star does not. In the past, it was worked on occasion, but I feel its should work all the time. I do want to give props the the community so often for a well-written diary or article.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac