Logged in no idea of my password

BostonBilly

10 Aug, 2019 02:27 AM

I auto log in
You are asking for it even though I am logged in!
This is how you lost my first two accounts . This is my third one . Do I need to start again??

1. 1 Posted by BostonBilly on 10 Aug, 2019 04:33 AM

Hello

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by elfling on 10 Aug, 2019 07:09 AM

I've reset your password to:

FlamingMightyDoom32

After you login using this combination of username and password, please go to your View/Edit My Profile page to change your password.

You can get to that Edit Profile page in two different ways. One is to move your cursor to your username in the upper right corner of any page, and drag open the pulldown menu from there to see the View/Edit My Profile option, which you will click. At first you'll see your profile, but look for the little tab near the top that says Edit Profile, and click that.

Another is to use this URL to get there directly, AFTER first logging in:

https://www.dailykos.com/user/BostonBilly/edit

Either way, once you reach the Edit Profile page, scroll down till you see the Password section, with the Change Password link in orange. You will need to supply this password, which is now your current one, and then create a new password that is secure but easy for you to remember. Keep in mind the first rule for passwords: Don't reuse them.

Please also note: If your email on file for the user account is NOT current, then it's best to change your email of record BEFORE you change your password. Look for the text window next to the label "Real email."

If you make any changes on your Edit Profile page, please be sure to scroll down to click the Save button at the bottom of the page before you leave it.

In the future, if you need to change your password you can do it with the Forgot Password? link offered at login as long as you still have access to the email account that is associated with your user account here.

Whenever you change your password, please be prepared to update any browser where you have saved passwords. Otherwise, the browser might autofill the Daily Kos login window with your old, obsolete password and cause some frustration for you.

Welcome back to Daily Kos!

3. elfling closed this discussion on 10 Aug, 2019 07:09 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac