petitions

Rachel Wheatcroft (unverified)

02 Aug, 2019 02:51 PM

Hello, I have sent emails previously with no response. I realize you are a big organizations. But I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem. A few months ago when I went to sign a petition I was unable to because when I clicked the link there was no petition to sign. This problem continues. Please help. Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 02 Aug, 2019 03:20 PM

Hello, and thanks for being persistent with your question. Apologies for having overlooked your earlier post here.

I may need to ask you for some follow-up information to diagnose your problem, but what I describe below may apply to you.

If what you see after clicking a link is a mostly blank page (except for header/footer) on the site, instead of a petition to sign, then an add-on or extension is almost certainly preventing the petition from loading properly. Try this to troubleshoot. Login to your email in a private or incognito window, which should disable all extensions. Then go to one of our emails and click on a link to a petition. If the petition loads there, then you know that some sort of extension is the source of the problem. Identifying the exact extension is then a matter of trial and error, starting with any ad blockers.

If that's not the issue for you, please reopen the ticket to respond, and we'll continue to look for a solution.

Thanks for your interest in keeping up-to-date with the latest political developments and the activism we sorely need to protect our country.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 02 Aug, 2019 03:20 PM.

3. RACHEL WHEATCROFT re-opened this discussion on 02 Aug, 2019 07:11 PM

4. 2 Posted by RACHEL WHEATCRO... on 02 Aug, 2019 07:11 PM

Hello, thank you so much for your response. I do want you to know that previously I did not send a request for help to this email address so it seems I sent it to the wrong address.

Yes, your recommendation for using the incognito window worked. The petition loaded. Yay. However, I do not understand what to do next when you say "some sort of extension is the source of the problem". Did this happen because I do have an ad blocker on? Should I remove the ad blocker? Will I have to continue to use the incognito window? I do not know what an extension is. Sorry to be a bother. Thanks for your help.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 05 Aug, 2019 01:53 PM

Hello, and glad to hear that this was helpful information.

Yes, to be able to view petitions most likely you would have to 1) use an incognito window OR 2) disable the ad blocker for Daily Kos.

An extension is a small application designed to supplement a browser's basic features. (Sometimes they are called "add-ons" or "plugins" though those terms seem to be losing ground.) On some browsers, it is possible to disable an extension for a particular URL. You will have to do a little bit of investigation to see whether that will be possible in your case.

I'm attaching a screenshot to show you one part of the process for reaching your extensions list for Chrome on a Mac. (The display/process on a PC is a little different.) You can reach this display by clicking on the word Chrome in the top menu bar to produce the pull-down menu, then clicking Preferences. Once that page loads, click the Settings link on the left to open the sidebar. Scroll down to see the link to your Extensions display. Once you click on that, a new page will open to show you all your current extensions, whether they are currently enabled or not.

Good luck!

6. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 05 Aug, 2019 01:53 PM.

7. RACHEL WHEATCROFT re-opened this discussion on 05 Aug, 2019 02:39 PM

8. 4 Posted by RACHEL WHEATCRO... on 05 Aug, 2019 02:39 PM

Thank you so much to take time out of your busy schedule to give me such detailed information. As you said, I will do a bit of investigation and am sure I will be able to figure this out with your instructions. Thanks again so much. And know I am very appreciative as are all progressives for the work that Kos does day in and day out.

9. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 05 Aug, 2019 03:47 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac