Cannot post a comment again

nannyboz

29 Jul, 2019 10:59 PM

Just now, on Dem’s diary about getting a job. July 29, 6:55 pm EDT. You wanted to know when this happens so I am letting you know.
Thanks, Nan

1. 1 Posted by nannyboz on 29 Jul, 2019 11:11 PM

Working now. However, this happens intermittently and now with regularity.
    Nan

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 30 Jul, 2019 01:33 PM

Hello, and thanks for the update.
    Yes, definitely, we want to know when things aren't working. Intermittent problems are of course hard to pin down, unfortunately.
    Please remind me what operating system and browser you use. And by any chance do you get any sort of response from the site when this happens? E.g. an error message about not being able to connect to the server, or anything else? If you do, that might be helpful information to pass along.
    Then, how do you wind up succeeding? Do you simply wait a while and try again? Do you refresh your page?
    It's not a bad idea for regular site users to clear your cache for the site on a frequent basis, especially if you're visiting the site on a mobile platform. You may already do so, I realize; I'm merely trying to ensure that all bases are covered.
    Thanks for your help with troubleshooting.

3. 3 Posted by nannyboz on 30 Jul, 2019 01:36 PM

I use iOS on Safari on my iPad Air. I do not receive an error message and wait until some time passes and then try again.
    Thanks,
    Nan

Sent from my iPad

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 30 Jul, 2019 01:55 PM

Appreciate the information.
    The next time this does happen, please try doing a hard refresh of your page to see if that makes a difference for you. It's worth the try either way. If it does work, then we have a good workaround. If it does not work that is also potentially useful data.
    I'll watch for more reports.

5. 5 Posted by John Crapper on 30 Jul, 2019 04:23 PM

I'm in the same boat this morning. First time this has happened to me. I have no comment box in which to write a comment. All else seems OK

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 30 Jul, 2019 06:13 PM

Same suggestion for you, John Crapper, if you don't mind. The absence of a comment box is almost always a poor site load, and that can happen for a number of reasons. Sometimes a simple hard refresh does the trick; the next fix to try is cache-clearing.

7. 7 Posted by gmoke on 31 Jul, 2019 10:14 PM

Still can't comment. Each keystroke tends to make the webpage fail. Reboot. One letter. Webpage fail. Reboot. One keystroke. Webpage fail.

Safari Version 11.1.2

Been this way for about a week now. Third time I've informed you of this problem.

8. 8 Posted by John Crapper on 31 Jul, 2019 11:15 PM

Feedback from me. I cleared my history and the problem resolved. I'll let ya know if it reemerges. Thanks, as always, for the prompt assistance!

9. 9 Posted by gmoke on 01 Aug, 2019 01:15 AM

Tried clearing the history and it sorta kinda almost worked. Page still failing and requiring reloading but it isn’t at every keystroke.

10. 10 Posted by Wee Mama on 01 Aug, 2019 03:33 PM

On my iPad, using Safari, it crashes every time I try to comment or reply. Hard reloads and clearing the cache doesn’t cure it. I can comment or reply on my laptop.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 Aug, 2019 07:29 PM

Circling back, folks. Please let us know what the current status is, if you don't mind. We've been seeing people encounter different behaviors on the iPads relative to comments and want to make sure we have pinpointed the trouble. Thank you.

12. 12 Posted by gmoke on 20 Aug, 2019 08:14 PM

Things are working fine for me now. Thanks.

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Moderator1 on 20 Aug, 2019 09:41 PM

Clearing the history may help, but most people with this problem have to clear more than the history.

Clear the "cached web content". Sometimes you have to clear cookies as well, although that may mean you have to log in to all the sites where you usually stay logged in. A pain, but it does clear up this problem sometimes.

Please let us know what works and what doesn't. Thanks.

14. 14 Posted by John Crapper on 20 Aug, 2019 10:37 PM

Things have been working fine for me too.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac