Need to go back to old comments to restore my front page

Puddytat

29 Jul, 2019 04:40 PM

See https://helpdesk.dailykos.com/discussions/problems/181111-omg-i-cant-believe-its-back

I can't do anything with a non-functional front page!

Today, it's going to take a huge effort to be able to write a post because of it.

1. 1 Posted by Puddytat on 29 Jul, 2019 07:05 PM

Bump. Need the link.

2. 2 Posted by Eyesbright on 29 Jul, 2019 07:37 PM

3. 3 Posted by Eyesbright on 29 Jul, 2019 07:37 PM

4. 4 Posted by Puddytat on 29 Jul, 2019 09:37 PM

I'd use it, but I'm not sure it still works with the updates they have done. Thanks for responding.

5. 5 Posted by siab on 30 Jul, 2019 11:45 AM

Worked just fine last week

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 30 Jul, 2019 02:01 PM

Hey Puddytat. Sorry that you're not having consistent success with the new-style comments on IE.
    Yes, the old-style ones are reliable, and we are still a way from smoothing out the last kinks in them. So if you want to turn the new ones off, and on, you're free to do so.
    Not to overload you with too much information, but there is also an option to turn new comments off for a specific story once it's published. It's explained now in the resource that Eyesbright linked to, above.

7. 7 Posted by ZenTrainer on 30 Jul, 2019 07:37 PM

Not much works for me either Puddytat! Thanks for the work around for signing in. I still have to use that a lot.

I also can't put images in comments. I have to zoom out to 75% to be able to pick the choose button.

And, if I am in one diary to long, like say KTK when it's my day to man the diary, the typing becomes so s-l-o-w I often just give up. I'll be typing my second sentence and the second letter of the first sentence is only just appearing on the DK page.

It's so frustrating I rarely visit DK anymore. Oh, wait, was that the point of the changes?

8. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 04 Oct, 2019 12:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac