DK Crashing firefox

hester

26 Jul, 2019 12:20 PM

On my 2009 MB Pro running Snow Leopard.

1. 1 Posted by hester on 01 Aug, 2019 09:10 PM

Still happening.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 01 Aug, 2019 09:33 PM

Thanks for asking. Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner.

Could you please try a few troubleshooting/diagnostic steps and see what happens? Also, it might help us to know how you're arriving at these pages that crash your browser.

First, have you had the opportunity to clear your cache for Daily Kos on Firefox? Crashing seems like an unusual response to a full cache, but we might as well rule it out.

Second, do you have this problem happen for you when you open a private window in Firefox? If it does not happen in that case, then we would have a pretty good indication that it's an extension that's causing the interference.

Third, when you mean crashing Firefox do you mean that the browser freezes? Does it load anything at all beforehand? What do you see?

Fourth, how are you arriving at the site--from emailed links to particular stories? (If you have links, that would help, too.) From entering the home page URL? Knowing the route you use might help us figure out what's going wrong for you.

We really appreciate you providing some more details so we can track this down.

3. 3 Posted by hester on 12 Aug, 2019 12:09 PM

Okay, So...
    1. I have been clearing cache.
    2. when I would click on a diary title and go to it, Firefox just folded up and I got an error message.
    3. I have not tried opening a private window.
    4. The browser doesn't freeze. It actually disappears and i get an error window.
    5. I have a tab and go to DK via my tab. Then to stories by clicking on titles

It's better now, tho.... so I dunno
    hester

4. 4 Posted by hester on 12 Aug, 2019 12:15 PM

p.s. One thing I noted. When I was having the constant crashes (which I'm not having now, but why it took me so long to reply), a blue scroll bar would appear at the bottom of the page on the diary pages, NOT the home page. Now, no crashes for a few days and no blue scroll bar at bottom.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac