OMG I can't believe it's back!

Puddytat

24 Jul, 2019 07:16 PM

See:

https://helpdesk.dailykos.com/discussions/problems/176223-front-page-display-wonky-on-ie11

It's been fine, as I detail at the bottom, but today, after being just fine a few minutes earlier, once again hangs and doesn't display anything other than the DK header, "join the mailing list" and "help". What the hell is going on??????

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 24 Jul, 2019 08:28 PM

Aargh. I don't know. Let me see what I can find out.
    Do you have a specific time when things went sideways for you again?

2. 2 Posted by Puddytat on 24 Jul, 2019 08:35 PM

30-60 minutes before I wrote the trouble ticket. Kept hoping it would stinking go away.

If it helps, I note that that the Front Page "hangs" after the minimal header loads before loading the rest of the site.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 24 Jul, 2019 09:13 PM

Hi Puddytat.

I checked our deploy schedule to see what was going on earlier today, and there was nothing done to the main site at all during that time frame.

I wonder, and this might be a clue overall, if you have been using new-style comments long enough now for your cache to be full. It is worth trying, at least to clear the field again--that is, to clear your cache and cookies. With no other changes made on our end then I'm afraid it is probably something happening on your end.

I'll peek back later to see what you find out. It could be illuminating.

4. 4 Posted by Puddytat on 25 Jul, 2019 01:21 AM

I clear my cache regularly, but did it again as you suggested. No joy,

What is most bizarre about this is that I used the exact same browser page that had previously been fine to read a story and when I returned to the home page, I noticed the problem. It may have occurred prior to my noticing it since I had multiple things open and was only occasionally looking at DK (particularly with the Mueller Hearings being broadcast).

And it's not related to changing my password since I did that on Monday since all had been well for a few days.

I can't believe this is happening. Again.

5. 5 Posted by Puddytat on 25 Jul, 2019 10:06 PM

Help.

6. 6 Posted by Puddytat on 26 Jul, 2019 05:02 PM

Well, the front page doesn't "hang" anymore after trying to load the full top line, but it still doesn't display the full top line. Only happens on the front page - the rest are fine except for my avatar that floats above where it should be when I scroll down.

Imagine how much of a pain it is when I open DK and can't access my profile, replies, messages, etc.

Help.

7. 7 Posted by Puddytat on 26 Jul, 2019 11:06 PM

Bump.

How could the front page be so messed up and the other pages pretty fine (except for my avatar icon that floats)?

8. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 04 Oct, 2019 12:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac