When I click on the link that was sent to my e-mail from DK about password reset, I get no instructions

The tax returns are in Kenya

24 Jul, 2019 01:58 AM

I don't know what my old password was. I reset my e-mail account and followed the directions for resetting the password. DK sends me the link to my e-mail. when I click on that link, I just get the DailyKos tront page, and I'm not given any instructions about how to change my password. I tried "Reset My Password," but it asks me to type in the old one, which I still don't know.

What should I be doing when I click on the link that is e-mailed to me? Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Moderator1 on 24 Jul, 2019 02:17 AM

Sorry you are having difficulty with the password reset.

If you do not remember your password, but you DO remember the email associated with your DK account, then you can reset your password using the Log In button.

First, log off the site on all devices (this password reset link will not work if you are logged in).

You can log off by clicking on your username in the top right corner of the page, or using the pulldown menu.

Once you are logged out on all devices, the words Log In will appear in the top right corner where your username used to be.

Click on Log In and you will see the "Forgot your password?" link. Click that and follow the instructions from there.

Beware--changing your password this way will NOT automatically change it in your browser. If your browser saves your passwords, make sure you update it by manually entering the new password, otherwise the browser may continue autofilling the old password and you will be locked out.

Please give these steps a try and let us know how it goes!

Thank you for taking care of this today, since tomorrow we anticipate the Help Desk will be overwhelmed with password changes.

2. 2 Posted by The tax returns... on 24 Jul, 2019 02:33 AM

Alrighty. The link actually took me to a password resetting page! Thank you very much. And I picked an utterly awesome password. It's unique, it's strikingly obvious yet unguessable to anybody else, it's me- I don't know why I didn't think of it decades ago. Thank you again for your help.

3. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 25 Jul, 2019 04:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac