Content does not display on mobile site (m.dailykos.com) on iPad

bioandy

23 Jul, 2019 09:45 PM

OK, trying again to get some help with this issue. A previous attempt seems to have failed in verification or something, even though I was logged into my account at the time.

I access DK with my old-ish iPad using the mobile site (m.dailykos.com). Starting on or about July 18, NO CONTENT DISPLAYS ON THIS SITE, except the following: top banner ("DAILY KOS in red, flag logo severely grayed out, Log IN button works; bottom banner (Helpdesk link works, View Full Site doesn't); Front Page/Recommended/Recent buttons (appear to work, i.e. they turn bold when tapped and the browser status bar acts as if it is loading info). THE REST OF THE PAGE IS COMPLETELY BLANK, no stories, no thumbnail pix, no links, no ads, nada.

Clearing the browser cache and restarting the device did not help.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by V.jones (unveri... on 09 Nov, 2019 09:39 PM

Same problem. No content. Older iPad mini. 9.3.5 is the only update available on this.
    They want you to buy a new one!!

It's a problem with Apple or Safari. I doubt DKOS can fix it on their end.

2. 32 Posted by Anthony Tarot (... on 10 Nov, 2019 01:11 AM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Android + Chrome not loading site since 10/30/19

Still not fixt on any of the known Android operating systems in my rural rednecked republican area.  New version of Google Chrome no help on Androids.  Using Bing + same results.  Foobar occurred after dark Pacific Time on Oct. 30.  I was on line at that time, but set fone down a few minutes. Picked it up and problem was there. Been there ever since, but that timing of occurrance should be of some help 2 those doing troubleshooting, at least as far as when the interruption started. Free thinkers out here must work 2gether 2 accomplish things so 'Smart Phones" sub for computer on-line access a lot. Figured this could get 2 those doing troubleshooting.....
        On Saturday, November 9, 2019, 01:39:46 PM PST, V.jones <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv5343368801 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv5343368801 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

3. 33 Posted by Valerie Jones (... on 10 Nov, 2019 02:24 AM

Yes! It happened Oct. 30 exactly.

Sent from my iPad

4. Support Staff 34 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 14 Nov, 2019 11:13 PM

Hello! I'm pleased to announce that we HAVE just deployed a fix to the site to restore access for your devices.

Thanks for your patience and forbearance as we searched for what to correct.

If for some reason the site does not load automatically for you, please clear your data for Daily Kos and try again.

We appreciate your support of Daily Kos.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac