Content does not display on mobile site (m.dailykos.com) on iPad

bioandy

23 Jul, 2019 09:45 PM

OK, trying again to get some help with this issue. A previous attempt seems to have failed in verification or something, even though I was logged into my account at the time.

I access DK with my old-ish iPad using the mobile site (m.dailykos.com). Starting on or about July 18, NO CONTENT DISPLAYS ON THIS SITE, except the following: top banner ("DAILY KOS in red, flag logo severely grayed out, Log IN button works; bottom banner (Helpdesk link works, View Full Site doesn't); Front Page/Recommended/Recent buttons (appear to work, i.e. they turn bold when tapped and the browser status bar acts as if it is loading info). THE REST OF THE PAGE IS COMPLETELY BLANK, no stories, no thumbnail pix, no links, no ads, nada.

Clearing the browser cache and restarting the device did not help.

1. 1 Posted by bioandy on 26 Jul, 2019 02:07 PM

Mobile site now working normally again. Don't know if you (DK) fixed it intentionally, or if this is a bonus effect of some other change, or supernatural intervention. Yesterday it wasn't working, today it is. I didn't do anything to my device, settings, etc. in the interim. In any event, I consider the problem resolved (for now).

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Jul, 2019 02:37 PM

Yikes.
    Sorry that things were wonky for you for such a long stretch.
    I don't know what, if anything, had been done on our end to cause the issue in the first place, but I'm relieved that it is now resolved. If it doesn't stay resolved, please ping us again. Screenshots are also helpful, even if the site behavior seems easy to describe.
    Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 26 Jul, 2019 02:37 PM.

4. bioandy re-opened this discussion on 26 Jul, 2019 07:09 PM

5. 3 Posted by bioandy on 26 Jul, 2019 07:09 PM

For future reference, here's what it looked like when it wasn't working.

6. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 04 Oct, 2019 12:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac