Stay on Page/ Leave page box

MTmofo

23 Jul, 2019 04:03 AM

For example, I opened the OTFNO, read thru the comments and then pressed f5. It gave me the Boxed message to stay or leave the page.

Previously, I had posted a comment in the OTFNO, previewed and posted it. No Problem. Then I refreshed and the stay or go box. AND my previous comment, sans tweet, was in a fresh comment box which I had to cancel. Then I tried to refresh and got the stay or go box. Clicked on my bookmark and gain the stay or go box interfered.

Dell laptop , latest Firefox version W.T.F.ev.er

1. 1 Posted by MTmofo on 23 Jul, 2019 04:04 AM

p.s. I don't use adblockers.

2. 2 Posted by Cecelia S on 26 Jul, 2019 03:52 PM

I'm having this problem too--I somehow didn't see your ticket (though I looked) before posting mine...
    Anyway, I can't help you, just wanted to let you know you're not the only one having this problem.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Jul, 2019 04:56 PM

Whoops. That's no fun. Sounds like a bug. Sorry it's happening, but thanks for letting us know.

I am not wishing repeat occurrences on either of you, but the next time this happens would you mind attaching some related links? That is: when you post your comment, but it reappears as still pending, we might benefit from having the link to the posted comment. One more question: When this happens, do you have multiple tabs open for the same story in the same browser? Or for Daily Kos but on another page of the site? I'm not sure if that's relevant but would like the info anyway.

Also, for anyone besides MTmofo who is reporting this: What browser/operating system are you using? (Which version of Windows, MTm?)

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting. I'll leave this ticket open for updates, and for it to attract other comments, too, on this subject.

4. 4 Posted by Lenny Flank on 26 Jul, 2019 08:49 PM

I'm having the same issue. Windows 10, Chrome. Only one tab. If I leave the site and come back, comment still shows as "pending"--though it is listed in the "Comments" so it's apparently going through.

5. 5 Posted by Lenny Flank on 26 Jul, 2019 08:50 PM

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by elfling on 26 Jul, 2019 09:15 PM

I've seen it too so hopefully we'll be able to resolve.

7. MTmofo closed this discussion on 21 Aug, 2019 07:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac