DK refuses to acknowledge that I changed my password (SOLVED!!!)

Krotor

21 Jul, 2019 02:14 PM

I changed it a few days ago. I saved the new password in my password manager. It doesn't even remotely resemble my previous password.
I've cleared my cache, deleted cookies, logged out and logged back in again (with the new password) in 2 browsers (I use Vivaldi on Linux and also Firefox) and still I see that yellow message telling me I have to change my password by July 24.
I can't think of any other things to try.

**** Updated with solution ****

I'm updating this so others may benefit. The yellow-background message to reset one's password has an "X" at the end of it which dismisses the message. I never noticed it as I was jumping through hoops on two browsers to get DK to acknowledge that my password was indeed already reset. Finally, I noticed the X, clicked it, and the message has not troubled me since.

Others may not notice that either. Putting a close button or X on some text that appears to be part of the principal page, rather than a popup window or something similar, is not standard for UI (user interface) elements. We simply are not wired to notice it or act on it after years of standardized ways of doing things. The development team might wish to consider the presentation of the message, perhaps doing something to make it not seem part of the regular text or specifically writing "Close and dismiss this notice" instead of "X."

Thanks to user siab who kindly sent me a message telling me about the magic X right after I had discovered it myself.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 21 Jul, 2019 04:59 PM

Thanks for asking. Apologies for the confusion. I'm sure it's perplexing and annoying to have the alert persist.
    I'll check with the devs, but as far as I know you should be all set. If your new password works, then that's what matters, and the change will be noted in our database. The notification message is a different matter altogether; we did not review its performance on Linux (which we generally do not support).
    We appreciate your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 21 Jul, 2019 04:59 PM.

3. Krotor re-opened this discussion on 21 Jul, 2019 09:51 PM

4. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 25 Jul, 2019 04:17 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac