demgem

19 Jul, 2019 11:47 PM

While I am logged in to Daily Kos on my computer with my new password, I am not on my iPhone nor will it allow me to login with my email and new password.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 31 Jul, 2019 02:18 AM

Hi demgem. Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you about your question.

Thank you for changing your password.

I suspect that your problem is that the iPhone is retaining and autofilling your OLD password instead of your NEW password. That's what I would check out first.

If that's not the answer, please return to let us know.

2. 2 Posted by demgem on 01 Aug, 2019 12:01 AM

I have tried all of my email addresses and my new password on my iPhone and it won't accept any of them (emails). So I don't know how to connect.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 01 Aug, 2019 03:22 AM

Let's see what we can do.

From your iPhone home screen, go to your Settings icon (the gray gear). Then scroll to Passwords and Accounts. Click on the arrow that lets you open that section.

On that screen, you should see a couple of lines related to your passwords. The first one, probably something close to "Website & App Passwords," will tell you how many websites/apps for which you have saved passwords on your phone. There should be a little arrow to let you open that section, too. (If you have a passcode on your phone, you'll have to enter that before you can get access to that list.) And also, by the way, there should also be an option immediately below the top line which has a button to slide on, or off, to autofill your saved passwords. It's fine for you to leave it on, but now you know where it is.

Once you see that password list, it's very likely that you'll notice that Daily Kos is on it. Pressing on the line with Daily Kos will show you the specific password that the phone has saved. I expect you'll see the old password, not your new one. If that is indeed true, then you can edit it--after you click the Edit link in the upper right corner. Click Done when you're finished with the changes.

I don't know for sure, of course, that this is what will work for you, but it is worth a try. Right now it seems to me that you have not yet updated the saved password, so no matter what email address you enter, you're going to get obsolete information to be autofilled for you when you log in to Daily Kos.

I'll be interested in hearing how it goes.

4. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 05 Sep, 2019 01:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac