password reset

Oregon Dem

18 Jul, 2019 03:30 PM

I followed these instructions and after receiving the email to reset password, I clicked and it went right back to my already signed-in Kos page....i.e., I never got a prompt to add a new password twice.

Go to your user profile page (pulldown menu upper right). If you still can’t find it, or are on a phone, the edit profile link is of the form /user/(username)/edit. (You can also get to your profile by clicking on your linked username, as for example in a comment.)
Click edit profile near the top
view and if necessary update your email address.
scroll to the bottom and click “Save”. Now that you know your email is up to date:
(Open a private/incognito window, or in a different browser than your normal logged in one, if you're not sure that your email will work.)
Click "log in" and when you get that screen, click "Forgot Password"
Enter your email address, the one attached to your account, in the box.
Check your email. There will be a link for resetting the password. Click it, or copy the link into your alternate browser window.

This discussion was closed! See this FAQ for more information:

1. Step-By-Step Password Change Instructions--Updated 7/29/19

Welcome to our step-by-step, (mostly) self-help explainer for Password Changes at Daily Kos!

Whether you found us thanks to the recent post by elfling, July is Reset Your Password Month on Daily Kos: the annoying sequel or arrived knowing only that you need some help now with logging in, we are happy to help you reset your password.

We have a few key tips for you to keep in mind.

Our site password...

See more..
  1. Oregon Dem closed this discussion on 18 Jul, 2019 03:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac