Cannot post Images

niftywriter

16 Jul, 2019 08:17 PM

Hope someone can help with this problem as I need images for my planned diary next week!
I cannot post pictures/images from the Image library or my own images library on DK. I can click on the image icon as usual, but once in there, I cannot scroll the images -- when I move my cursor (on laptop - same as always), the page BEHIND the pop up window of the Image library scrolls instead of the image library window. SO, I cannot scroll, select of choose an image to post.
Anyone have this problem or a suggestion for how to solve it?

1. 1 Posted by ZenTrainer on 16 Jul, 2019 11:54 PM

I have no help for you but feel your pain. This doesn't happen to me when I write a diary, I can put an image in those. But, I can't put in image in a comment. What happens is exactly as you describe. (you described it very well!)

Sometimes I don't want to write anything, I just want to post an image because, you know, a picture is worth a thousand words.

2. 2 Posted by siab on 17 Jul, 2019 09:13 AM

You need to click on the scroll bar and move it with your mouse rather than simply scrolling. This broke a couple of weeks ago. If there's a problem with being able to get down to the CHOOSE button, try Zooming Out on the page until you can see it.

3. 3 Posted by skohayes on 17 Jul, 2019 01:20 PM

Yes, I hope they get this fixed soon, it's very aggravating.
    Look to your scroll bars when the image library pops up, you'll see there are now TWO scroll bars. You have to use the inside scroll bar to get the library to move up enough to find the "Choose" button, then to scroll your images, place your cursor at the bottom of the image library scroll bar, and you should be able to select the image.
    I've also noticed that in long threads, images and gifs do not post in full. I've posted an image with this comment.

4. 4 Posted by siab on 17 Jul, 2019 03:11 PM

Skohayes, I think you'll find that the image in question is in a Hidden comment - many of Raptavio's comments are in Hidden threads, for some reason - and will show up completely when the comment is Selected. One of the stranger features of the new comments.

5. 5 Posted by skohayes on 18 Jul, 2019 01:17 PM

Yes, it was a hidden comment thread, but the image only shows up for me if I open the comment on a new tab. It may be because I'm on a laptop and don't have a 19 inch monitor, who knows. :)

6. 6 Posted by ZenTrainer on 30 Aug, 2019 01:24 AM

Jus an update here, I still can't post an image in a comment. I use a work around where I change the zoom on my computer to 75%, then I can see the whole photo box and "publish" appears (or "choose" or whatever it is).

Then I switch the zoom back to 100% and continue with my comment.

7. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 05 Oct, 2019 01:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac