Password retrieval not working

Sylv

16 Jul, 2019 06:06 PM

At least for me. I tried about 8 passwords I may have used, none worked and I got no retrieval option.
iPad Mini 2 running iOS 12.3.1 Safari, in case the browser matters.

1. 1 Posted by JanL on 16 Jul, 2019 07:05 PM

I have the same issue, cannot remember my original password. Email is the same as on profile.

2. 2 Posted by Sylv on 16 Jul, 2019 10:04 PM

JanL, elfling gave me the following info that instead of going in from my profile:

“It’s the “forgot your password” link on the login screen. You can try it from an incognito/private browser window if you don’t want to log out.”

I found I had to log out of the site before using the link they send you to click on to reset your password. I didn’t do that the first time and had to redo the process.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by elfling on 16 Jul, 2019 11:56 PM

Right, when resetting the password on the profile, there's not a link there for Forgot Password.

Instead:
    1. Go to your user profile page.
    2. Click edit profile near the top
    3. view and if necessary update your email address.
    4. scroll to the bottom and click “Save”.
    (5. Open a private/incognito window, or in a different browser than your normal logged in one, if you're not sure that your email will work.)
    6. Click "log in" and when you get that screen, click "Forgot Password"
    7. Enter your email address in the box.
    8. Check your email. There will be a link for resetting the password. Click it, or copy the link into your alternate browser window.
    9. Enter your new password twice.

Your password is now reset, and you'll want to go and log in on any of your regular devices.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac