Location jumps and closes off comments when replying to comment

DRo

16 Jul, 2019 10:58 AM

Clicking on a reply to a message closes all replies and jumps to the end of the post causing me to have to reload the whole thing losing any reply or notice messages I had. Very annoying in busy posts with lots of comments.

This problem has been reported before but has gotten worse. At one time it was random and intermittent. Now I can't reply at all. Chrome Windows 7

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 16 Jul, 2019 02:52 PM

Hello, and thanks for raising this issue.

I'd like to ask for a little clarification, however. When you write "clicking on a reply to a message" is "message" actually a comment? And I'm also not sure what "closes all replies" refers to. I know that the terminology is a bit slippery and I want to make sure I am understanding the situation fully.

Thanks for your help with getting this issue diagnosed and addressed.

2. 2 Posted by Done4nau on 16 Jul, 2019 05:10 PM

That is a message written weeks ago. Still having that problem too. The comments scroll backward. While writing a comment I have to chase it; often lose it all together. Today I got a new page that I don’t know how to get past. It is strangely formatted for my 5s iPhone. It says close randomly in little boxes to push. Should I go back to m. m.DailyKos.com to access a page where those close boxes line up? With what? Is each box supposed to go under one of the choices—front, recommended. Recent?

3. 3 Posted by DRo on 17 Jul, 2019 02:13 PM

Sorry for the confusion-
    Yes. Clicking on reply is to a comment. Closes all comments does exactly that. It jumps to bottom of diary just before comments and no comments are displayed. I must re-load to get any comments to show. In the meantime, all new comments and reply notices are lost. This is frustrating, but since the comment "alerts" don't really work right, that is another issue. The alert part works but when the link is followed it should erase it from the notice box. This erasure is intermittent.
    Additionally, the jumps from links do not go to the right spot in large commented posts. All together these bugs make it very frustrating. In posts with a small number of comments you can find your place and continue; in busy posts with lots of comments it's impossible to keep up when you have ro reload constantly.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 17 Jul, 2019 03:03 PM

Thank you for clarifying.

We are aware of some problems on mobile devices, done4nau, where things work differently even when you view the www. site. So, yes, it's possible that you will have better success viewing the m. version of the site for most functions until we complete the changeover process for mobile platforms too. But as for the closing boxes, I'm not sure what you mean. Is it possible for you to take a screenshot and attach it here?

As for what you describe, DRo, that really does sound annoying. I wonder if it's an issue related to Win7. I will see what I can find out. The comment notification links are remaining present more often than they should (because you're right, when you click on one it should disappear), but the other matter you describe here is more comprehensive.

Sorry for the frustration, and thanks for the input. I may return to ask you for more details. Appreciate your help with troubleshooting.

5. 5 Posted by DRo on 17 Jul, 2019 06:50 PM

Here is a screen shot.

6. 6 Posted by txdoubledd on 17 Jul, 2019 07:06 PM

I can't get anyone to respond to problems that started today.

I can no longer save a diary and there is no "tag" box to add tags.
    When I go back to the diary it saved a blank page and no title.

Earlier it wouldn't show other people's diaries under recent or any other banner but suddenly that stopped.

7. 7 Posted by txdoubledd on 17 Jul, 2019 07:07 PM

I can't get anyone to respond to problems that started today.

I can no longer save a diary and there is no "tag" box to add tags.
    When I go back to the diary it saved a blank page and no title.

Earlier it wouldn't show other people's diaries under recent or any other banner but suddenly that stopped.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac