Can’t access my drop down list

WYgalinCali

10 Jul, 2019 11:36 PM

The ad for the movie Crawl is appearing over the top of my list. I can access no more than the top three (ending at my profile). This means I can access my activity stream which is how I discovered the problem. So I can’t read from my favorite authors.

1. 1 Posted by siab on 11 Jul, 2019 06:16 AM

Until you get a fix, one way to work around it is to click on the list icon on the top of the left hand column (multiple parallel horizontal lines). That will get you back to the old version of the page, and your options are in the old box at the top right hand of the page. Happy browsing.

2. 2 Posted by WYgalinCali on 11 Jul, 2019 01:43 PM

I’m on an iPad mini and don’t see any list icon on the left hand column nor any multiple parallel horizontal lines. I also don’t know what you mean by “old version of the page” so I’d say I’m stuck until the ad runs it’s course or it’s fixed.

I do know that I’m not the only one having this issue.

3. 3 Posted by njm5000 on 11 Jul, 2019 05:47 PM

IDK if it works on all platforms, but when I scrolled down past the ad, the entire menu showed up.

4. 4 Posted by alx9090 on 12 Jul, 2019 01:03 AM

I have the same issue on my iPad. Clicking on 'View/Edit My Profile' takes me to my profile page. From there, I can navigate to 'Stream', 'Comments', etc.

Yes, it is annoying to have the ad block the drop-down list.

5. 5 Posted by alx9090 on 12 Jul, 2019 01:16 AM

WYgal:

On my iPad, the icon is below the ad, in the center of the screen

6. 6 Posted by WYgalinCali on 12 Jul, 2019 01:22 AM

Thanks, alx9090. I was looking all over for that icon. I’m glad I’m not alone.

7. 7 Posted by Mvgal92691 on 12 Jul, 2019 04:04 PM

My iPad is having the same problem.

8. 8 Posted by OrdinaryIowan on 12 Jul, 2019 06:15 PM

I would really like that crappy banner ad for “Crawl” to get off my screen. I know I can work around it, but I want it to go away, or else be able to see the drop down menu over it, not hidden behind it.

9. 9 Posted by njm5000 on 14 Jul, 2019 09:51 PM

Seems to be resolved today.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac