contribution

Robert Wide (unverified)

26 Jun, 2019 03:33 AM

I made an online donation to these organizations, the only one able to process the contribution was Daily Kos. So, no one but Daily Kos gets the contribution? If I contribute to these other organizations as I intended, Daily Kos will take another $5.00 from me? Rip-off?

Texas Civil Rights Project $5.00
NOT PROCESSED
Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) $5.00
NOT PROCESSED
Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project $5.00
NOT PROCESSED
UndocuBlack Network $5.00
NOT PROCESSED
Daily Kos $5.00
Total charged $5.00

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Jun, 2019 03:36 PM

Hello, and thanks for raising your question here.

First, thank you for making these contributions. We very much appreciate people's generosity in this time of crisis.

Second, I have no reason to believe that the other organizations will not receive their portion. But each one will have a unique donation pathway, and there is no telling what sort of back end process there might be. I would encourage you to continue to watch your own account for additional transactions. If they do not show processing within the next twenty-four hours, then please return here so that we can ask for follow-up. My guess (and hope) is that they are getting a lot of donations and finding it slow going to deal with them all, automation notwithstanding.

Third, each time that you make a contribution to a number of groups (or individuals) through one page, it is possible to adjust the contribution in any way you please. The page will load with an equal share for each group when you choose the amount to donate. But then you can change the amounts in the little fields there, as the attached screenshot illustrates. The total for your allocations will update, and you'll have a chance to adjust it if for some reason your donation amount and your allocation sum do not match.

Fourth, it would not be in our best interest to engage in anything that would block donations to these advocacy groups. We take pride in our reputation as an organization helping to funnel donations where they can be well used, and we would not do anything to risk that role.

We appreciate your support of the mission of the site. Thanks again.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 26 Jun, 2019 03:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac