I *hate* the new comment format

ickamaus

21 Jun, 2019 04:50 AM

I *hate* the new comment format. I usually visit the site on my phone using full site mode, so maybe things are different using a different device; but here are some of the problems I have with it:

•Graphically, it’s just ugly and confusing since the user name isn’t left justified to align with the comment.

•When I scroll through comments, I constantly find that I’ve inadvertently recc’d someone’s comment with my thumb and I have to un-star all the time. Who knows how many I’ve missed.

•Occasionally, the comments suddenly scroll to a completely different area, and I have to go back and find my place. Or just give up and quit reading them.

•It’s no longer possible for me to see who has recc’d my comments.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 21 Jun, 2019 01:13 PM

Good morning.
    I'm sorry that it's so irritating to you. At least some if not all of these issues will be resolved. At the moment, we're still working out a few more features, including the problem with not seeing recommenders (which is related to hover behavior on touchscreens).
    Meanwhile, for now it is possible to revert to the old comment system if you prefer. If you load https://www.dailykos.com/comments_beta/false you should be able to navigate from there and see only the old format.
    We'll continue to make progress on the aspects you raise, and I'll hope that the end result will not be as annoying to you as it is now.
    Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 21 Jun, 2019 01:13 PM.

3. ickamaus re-opened this discussion on 22 Jun, 2019 03:51 PM

4. 2 Posted by ickamaus on 22 Jun, 2019 03:51 PM

Thank you for the link to the old format. What a relief.
    (I actually got the link from elena carlena, and she suggested I submit my experiences to provide user feedback.)

5. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 22 Jun, 2019 03:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac