Touchy recommendation button

Cmae

20 Jun, 2019 03:37 PM

Hello,
    I have been messaged by 2 nice members here, letting me know that I unintentionally recommended hidden, BOJO comments. I have noticed myself, in scrolling through the comment sections of diaries, that it is really easy to recommend comments without intending to do so. I find myself having to go back to make sure I haven't mistakenly recommended comments. I have obviously missed a couple. I did not have this problem before the new comment upgrade. I don't know if there is anything to be done about it, I thought I would mention it just in case.
  Thanks, Cmae

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 Jun, 2019 04:07 PM

Hello, and thanks for mentioning this issue. Are you working on a touchpad device? If so, then that may well be related to the new comment system, and we'll put this in the hopper along with the other pending questions to see what, if anything, can be adjusted. Much of what happens is browser-dependent, though, so it might also simply be a matter of adapting to the new placement/design of rec buttons. Generally, the rec will take pretty quickly and then be visible as you scroll along.
    Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 20 Jun, 2019 04:07 PM.

3. Cmae re-opened this discussion on 20 Jun, 2019 04:25 PM

4. 2 Posted by Cmae on 20 Jun, 2019 04:25 PM

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 9:07 Hell
    |
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have a samsung tablet. I will look into your suggestion concerning the browser. 

Thanks again,  Cmae

5. Cmae closed this discussion on 20 Jun, 2019 05:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac