No reply or recommend buttons visible despite being logged in.

Namely

10 Jun, 2019 10:51 PM

I am logged in and can read articles and comments, but no buttons for replying or recommending are visible.
When I press 'L' to recommend, I get an error message (403).
When I press 'r' to reply, I get a comment entry box, but I have not tried posting anything because it would only be a test at this point, and I don't want to muddy real conversations with technical tests.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 Jun, 2019 04:29 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

Your account is in good standing, but I'm not sure I know enough information to hazard a diagnosis.

If the comment you're trying to recommend is over than 24 hours old, then it is closed to recommending. (The exception is Tip Jars, which may be recommended for 7 days.) Stories also close to additional comments, including any replies, after nine days. If the story in question was closed to comments, then there should be a caption at the bottom of it to say so: Comments are closed on this story.

If you can paste in the URL of the story in question, that might help with a diagnosis. Please also let us know the operating system and browser you are using.

It's also generally true that clearing your cache can help, especially if you visit the site often. Lastly, visiting the site with your browser in a private window can help determine whether you have an extension that's causing some loading conflicts.

Thanks for your support of the site.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac