front page crashing Safari again

lurknomore

10 Jun, 2019 08:30 PM

Safari 9.1.3
Just started around 4:25pm EST June 10. Was fine minutes earlier. Giving you this info as I'm guessing 3rd party script.
Last I checked I still can't post diaries from this browser. Can comment, view user comments page and usually see the front page.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 10 Jun, 2019 08:55 PM

Hello, and thanks for your question.

My first suggestion would be (and I'm sure this will come as no surprise to you) to see if you can upgrade your version of Safari. I assume, though, that it's not an option for you? I understand if not.

We did have one site deploy earlier this afternoon that might have caused a problem but it's not likely.

Usual preliminaries apply: clear cache and cookies; close and reopen the browser. Also try opening the site in a private window. Feel free to come back with more details. Thank you.

2. 2 Posted by lurknomore on 11 Jun, 2019 01:27 AM

Thanks for getting back. Yeah stuck with this version of Safari. OS X 10.9.5. If my musings were urgent I could log in somewhere / other work browsers so no big deal. I keep my personal cookies to myself (that sounds weird) More a generic bug report. New info is: front page is now fine at 9:23pm EST if that's relevant. Haven't tried a diary in a while.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 Jun, 2019 03:42 PM

LOL. Thanks for the chuckle.

We apparently have had something going on that might be relevant; I'll check it out further today. It's possible that what was caught yesterday is why your FP view is fine today. Feel free to keep us posted.

4. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 04 Nov, 2019 12:27 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac