Comment display

KATIESMUM

10 Jun, 2019 06:22 PM

I've never had a problem before, but I tried to reply to a comment this afternoon (06/09/2019 at 4:15PM ETD) I typed my reply and checked it clicked Preview and then clicked Submit and a box showed up with my username and the username I was replying to and the first line of my reply. Period.No-one could read what I had written. I didn't think I had broken any rules.
If I should send THIS comment to another location, please let me know.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Jun, 2019 03:26 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Sorry for the delayed reply. I did split off your query into a separate thread since it wasn't closely related to the original question.

I am not entirely sure I follow what you're saying here. Are you talking about this comment? https://www.dailykos.com/comments/1863647/74098882 You made it at about 4:15 ET on Saturday, and it did post fully and does appear to be readable. Someone actually replied to it. What do you see now when you return to the comment thread?

Glitches do happen, of course, and maybe you were the unlucky one to be caught by one this time. But we'll keep an eye out for it.

If/when you encounter a problem like this, first try a hard refresh of your page. Often that's enough to clear up the situation. But if it remains, then feel free to bring your issue here. It helps if you include the links to the comment or story at issue, and also let us know the browser and operating system you're using.

Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 12 Jun, 2019 03:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac